Friday, December 25, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas....

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
(you know, before the roads turn to brown smoosh)
Just like the ones I used to know
(like before dinosaurs roamed the earth, and Micheal J. Fox was IT)
Where Santa Claus built us a fire
(in the fireplace, of course)
and we'd open our presents
(we took turns, and it took hooouuuurrrrs)
listening to the crackle of the fire
(especially if the wrapping paper SC tossed in was foil or extra-flammable)
and Mrs. Claus would make us scones
(for breakfast, or is that lunch, or was it brunch?)

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas
(not just the movie, either)
Just like the ones I used to know
(seriously, another lifetime ago, like when Nintendo 64s roamed the earth)
Where Mom made lots of goodies
(like toffee, mexican wedding cakes, and peanut blossoms - and Dad made pumpkin pies)
And Christmas Caroling was a tradition
(Ben had us add White Christmas to our caroling repertoire)
And we didn't have to make our own Christmas dinners
(seriously, Ham is easy as pie compared to Turkey!)


That's the White Christmas I dream of.......








Reality hits in.....

We woke up to a White Christmas
(seriously, cornea-searing bright white here, people)
Just like we've never had before
(well, at least not with our boys)
Filled with lots of legos
(which Baby Jack tried to eat)
And of course second only to the favored legos: candy
(which Baby Jack also tried to eat)
After which Santa Claus made us from-scratch pancakes
(which Baby Jack actually got to eat.)

Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

The Next Dave Barry said...

that was cute. And I miss the christmas carols. It's just not the same with our small family (including two boys who only sing rudolph the red nose reindeer)

Anonymous said...

wonderful..................................................

My Boys

My Boys
I can't believe I got them standing together....and smiling!

Jack

Jack
We think he is soooo cute!