Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sisters, Sisters (oomph)

It's obviously been awhile, but this morning I found my mind contemplating all the things I needed to keep track of this week. 

The movie reel looks a little something like this:

Parent-teacher conferences are coming up, I hope No. 2 actually turns in the date and time to his teacher today.  I am really shocked that he didn't remember this, he is so good about remembering, staying on task and really - demanding that I do things right. now.  I wonder when I will get a date and time for No. 3.........I was out of town for the last parent-teacher conferences........where was I?  Oh that's right.  I took the boys to Utah to visit Aunt Aurelia.  I haven't really spoken to her since.  {epiphany} I have been distancing myself from my sisters!  {shock}  Why have I been doing that? I think it's because we are too close, and we take each other for granted, especially when we are so wrapped up in our own problems.  Except for that one time.  I'm so grateful that I had someone to call who understood.  She even cried with me.  She understood in a way that The Mr couldn't, that even my Father asked, "I thought you didn't even like her?"  She had listened to me over the years, as I went from despising my mother-in-law, to resentfully allowing her into my children's lives, right up to the moment my resentments turned to begrudging gratitude for the amazing presence she had become in my own life and the lives of my sons.  She knew just how broken my heart was, and she wept for us.  It is that moment, no matter how sad it was, that I will always remember and cherish this sister for:


This was taken at Virginia Beach, a day trip that we fought traffic for.  It was worth it though - the kids had so much fun, the adults had so much fun, and I will never forget the amazing mac 'n' cheese we had on the boardwalk when the sun went down......

p.s. No 2 forgot to take the note, darnit!

No comments:

My Boys

My Boys
I can't believe I got them standing together....and smiling!

Jack

Jack
We think he is soooo cute!