Friday, July 10, 2009

Blake's First Sports Camp

Ok, so I nearly died dropping him off every morning, but by the end of the week, it was obvious that all was going to end well! I am sure that most of you know exactly what I was going through as I dropped him off Monday morning, to be left for THREE whole hours with people I didn't know. I ended up driving around aimlessly for those three hours. While driving I asked myself all sorts of questions: Have I taught him well enough? Will he be happy? Will his coach know what to do if he throws a fit? Will the other kids like him? Does he even have enough muscle strength to last for three hours? Needless to say, I showed up an hour early. He seemed to be doing ok (from 1/2 a mile away in the parking lot, where I sat feeling like a stalker-mom!) So I took Maxwell and Jack to the nearby playground, where it took all of five seconds for Maxwell to scrape up his knee and cry. Anyway, I could tell that something hadn't gone quite right, because his coach asked Blake if he would be back tomorrow. I could just imagine Blake pulling one of his, "I'm never coming back. I hate this." comments. Well, he went back. All week long. And every day my heart nearly broke leaving him there on his own. Things got worse before they got better, but by the time I picked him up this afternoon (Friday, the last day) he was smiling and joking with all the kids. Several of them told me how AWESOME they thought he is - I asked why, and one kid said, "because he's just so cute!" Hahahaha! Another kid said he had awesome hair because you could mess it up and then just flatten it right back down! A few of them wanted to take pictures with Blake:
As we were leaving, another kid told me, "He is the silliest kid I've ever met. He said it was was "raining cups" and it wasn't even raining!"

No comments:

My Boys

My Boys
I can't believe I got them standing together....and smiling!

Jack

Jack
We think he is soooo cute!