Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ode to my sister, Ruth

Dearest Ruth,

I find myself irresistably drawn to a fascinating new establishment in town. It is called Appley's Funhouse....just kidding (excerpt from Larry Boy and the Bad Apple.)



On a more serious note, I have to apologize to Ruth for the many years of abuse and torture I exposed her to over the years. No one likes a bully. I am sorry, Ruth. I'm pretty sure I ruined every chance you had at greater privileges - especially any curfew extensions. Again, I am sorry. But for all the things I have done wrong - specifically to you - it is obvious that you don't hold them against me. You have been there at the best of times (how few they are) and the worst of times (pretty much most of my lifetime!)



Ruth is one of those people you meet, whom for some reason you feel compelled to spill your guts to. Fortunately, she is not one of those people who then regurgitates those same guts to everyone she knows! She can be relied upon at a moments notice............even after just having had a baby. I am sorry that it has taken me 28 long years to realize what a great sister you are - and what a great blessing it is to have you be part of our family.



Love ya!

3 comments:

Laynalou3 said...

Yay for Ruth! Sounds like your relationship with Ruth was a lot like mine with Kirk. Maybe we never fully apreciate the siblings we're closest in age to until we're all grown up!

Kendra Mitts said...

Man..you made me cry of your post about your sister. But with the picture it made me really tear up. Man...I miss your mom's smiling face.

The Hojnackes said...

So why did the pictures come in an email from Nicole?

My Boys

My Boys
I can't believe I got them standing together....and smiling!

Jack

Jack
We think he is soooo cute!