Sunday, October 16, 2011

5 Minutes of every 1440

This post is dedicated to my sister Catherine - because my life is only perfect 5 minutes at a time.

I have so much free time on my hands (insert sarcastic emoticon here), I decided to pick up yet another home decor project. 



That's right, a desk (complete with candy wrappers - kids.) 

If you come over to my house, you should come see this desk.  Up close, you will be able to tell that #2 helped me paint it, that I lost patience with it, that I haven't mastered the art of painting or spray painting, and that I didn't have the time to search for the perfect size drawer pulls.

But none of that matters.  The boys have been so excited to get this desk in their room.  Friday night, we finally took it upstairs.  The boys were so excited.  Let me tell you that one more time.  The boys were so excited.  They started filling the drawers with books, and crayons and pencils, and brainstormed over what to put in it next, and whose drawer was whose.  For about 5 minutes, I watched their enthusiastic musings and workings.  For about 5 minutes, life was perfect.  I mean perfect.  For those 5 minutes, all the troubles and worries of life were nonexistent.  I felt happy, life was fulfilling, perfect, and I was the luckiest girl on earth.  For 5 minutes.  Cue 5 minutes and 1 second.....#2 was crying because #1 had more books than he did, and life resumed its normal imperfect.....ness. 

To my sister Catherine:  This post reflects 5 minutes of 1440 minutes in every day.  And it isn't everyday that we get even those short 5 minutes.  But in those 5 minutes, I think life couldn't possibly get any better, I fall in love with my family all over again, and I'm inspired to find more moments like it.  Then, if I have enough time, I blog about it. 

2 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for some awesome perspective and food for thought today. I hope your new desk is fabulous and you can find some more great family moments!

Alida B. said...

I kind of love this post. <3

My Boys

My Boys
I can't believe I got them standing together....and smiling!

Jack

Jack
We think he is soooo cute!