Thursday, February 12, 2009

Strange days.

Today has been a very eventful one - full of things I never thought I would see or do! First, I got to witness, up close, a very minor surgery. I had no idea if watching would make me pass out, or vomit, but nope, it wasn't that bad. It was strange to see other people fondling my husband, I mean it really weirded me out! But otherwise, it was all very normal...........and stuff, I guess. I woke up pretty nervous and felt rather like I was going to throw up. I think I needed valium just as much as Brent did! Anyway, that's all over with. Almost, anyway. I think we'll have to do some more awkward-moment-inducing follow-ups, but otherwise it was the smallest hurdle I have yet to encounter in my lifetime!

Second, Brent actually asked me to waste money buying a Sheridan's concrete. (Please bear in mind that Brent tried to tell me that we couldn't set the heater temp to 71 - vs the 70 he thinks is more than sufficient - because it will add 5% to our bill. Which is like what, $6? $6 a month to be warm during the winter? Is that really too much to ask? I mean, really, right after Brent told me that, he mysteriously disappeared for a long while. I patiently waited for him to come back so that I could point out that he was talking about $6. When I finally got the chance, he got a very cheesy grin on his face, told me he was hoping I wouldn't figure that out and has never since given me a hard time about the 71 again.) Lately we have justified that we can buy a whole gallon of ice cream for the price of one concrete, so it just isn't worth it. I still can't believe we spent that much on a little bit of ice cream for the family - $12. If I were to add up the $12 we spent here and there, I would be ashamed to admit how much money we have been throwing away (or helping the economy, depending on how you look at it!) If nothing else, we just spent 2 months worth of warmth - for something cold.

Third, and this is the toughie, Blake and Maxwell are going to sleep in the same room tonight. At least I hope they will. Blake keeps coming to let me know that Maxwell is standing up, or "boddering" him, or...........well, you get the point. Blake getting up all the time isn't helping Maxwell out at all. I think Maxwell might still think this is some kind of a joke or something. I am hoping that they both just fall asleep soon, and then sleep in late in the morning. I know, I know, chances are they will wake each other up sometime around 5:30 am, but I am still hoping.

On a brighter note: I almost have half of my kitchen backsplash in! Yeah! I can't wait to be done with the kitchen! Of course, that means we'll have to move onto the next project(s), but it will be nice to have finally finished the kitchen after nearly six years! Oh, and did I mention that Brent is thinking he might need to finally jump on the Facebook bandwagon? I think no, he has plenty of other stuff he wastes time on, let me be the one to waste hours on Facebook! Haha!

No comments:

My Boys

My Boys
I can't believe I got them standing together....and smiling!

Jack

Jack
We think he is soooo cute!