Thursday, February 26, 2009

I love being a girl..........


Not all the time, that's for sure! Today during preschool, we were sitting around the table practicing our letters, when Haley Johnson and Addison Morgan struck up a conversation about all sorts of girlie things. It was pretty funny to listen to. Some of the things they brought up (it is so funny when they get so serious) were piercing ears and makeup. Addison thinks she might be getting her ears pierced tonight, and Haley had to tell her how much it was going to hurt. Addison said it would just feel like a little pinch (sure, something like that, I suppose) and Haley said it was worse than getting a shot! It was funny to hear them discuss it. I asked Addison what she wanted for her birthday and among the things she named was makeup. Haley said she didn't like makeup, she wasn't allowed to have it (her mom HATES makeup, she said.) I laughed inwardly as I thought of Marie trying to juggle three small girls who ALL wanted makeup and what a nightmare it might be! Needless to say, over the course of the fifteen minutes or so that they discussed all this, I must have thought a hundred times (at least) how glad I am that I am not going to have any daughters. No ear piercing or makeup for me, thank you! Don't get me wrong - boys have theirs pros and cons too, but all I can say is YEA! no girlie issues. Hallelujah! When people find out I am having another boy, they always say the same thing, "Oh, I bet you really wanted a girl." No, I reply. They look at me skeptically, like I am in denial or something. Nope. I really am so grateful that I am missing the girl boat. Honestly and truly. I know this is going to sound so selfish and self-absorbed (and whatever else you want to call it) but I am more than willing to be the only girl in my husband's life, as well as my boys. All too soon I will have to let my sons go to their wives (and then I plan to travel the world, yea baby!) Plus - and this is bad, but it's the truth, I cannot lie - all that money spent on girlie things, hair pretties, makeup, hair stuff, clothes, etc., is ALL MINE! I don't have to worry about buying all those girl things and taking it out of my own budget. I mean seriously, tell me you aren't jealous that all I have to buy my sons are pants, t-shirts, the occasional tie, and one pair of tennis shoes. And I fully expect it to be that way for many years to come (even Brent is that way, when he needs new clothes, we go pick him up a few polos, a few khakis, and a pair of shoes vs. my varied shirts, pants, skirts, dresses and many pairs of shoes, lol!)

1 comment:

Marie said...

I see I'm training Haley right so far! :) I do NOT look forward to jr. high and high school. Lucky for me, my mom can't WAIT for it. Something like sweet revenge... but I wouldn't trade my girls!

My Boys

My Boys
I can't believe I got them standing together....and smiling!

Jack

Jack
We think he is soooo cute!