Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Laundry Statistics

While in the hospital, I decided that I was going to make some changes. Well, one really. I am going to be more positive. So today, whilst I was stewing over a great many things (and giving Brent the silent treatment), Brent walked into the room with a laundry basket and started sorting through the laundry. Trying to be more "positive", I begrudgingly told Brent (in the most lackluster tone possible) that he was good at laundry. I know, I know, every man strives to receive just that compliment, right? He said thanks. It got me thinking though. Do you know that Brent has only ruined 2 (yes, that's right - 2) of my shirts in the seven and a half years we've been married? With all the shirts and other clothing that have been laundered (by him) that equates to less than 1% damage. You must admit, that is impressive. Some more of his statistics: 9 out of 10 times, he will sort the laundry appropriately. 10 out of 10 times, he won't dry clothing that isn't supposed to be dried in the dryer (after the two shirt incidence.) 9 out of 10 times, he won't dry clothing that I prefer he not dry, in the dryer. He accepts my no-wire-hanger policy. He wanted a front-loading washer just as much as I did, regardless of the cost.

For all this, I am very proud of my husband (and some thanks should probably go to his mother, as he did know how to do laundry before I met him.) And grateful. A big THANK YOU and I love you, to Brent!

1 comment:

Jubal and Aurelia said...

Dude don't forget that time he put water in the empty muffin cups so the muffins would bake evenly. I know, it has nothing to do with laundry, but it's just another reason Brent is cool :)

My Boys

My Boys
I can't believe I got them standing together....and smiling!

Jack

Jack
We think he is soooo cute!