Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring is all around...

Along with being positive, (or as part of it, I suppose) I decided that I need to give more compliments. I'm bad about keeping my mouth shut even when I truly appreciate or admire someone or something.
Sunday night I was in Jack's room, listening to Maxwell sing himself to sleep. Sometimes he sings what seem to be completely random and made up songs, usually consisting of his day's events; sometimes they sound like Backyardigans or the Imagination Movers songs. I thought I was starting to recognize the song as "Once There Was A Snowman," but I couldn't be sure. Until I heard him distinctly sing, "Tall, Tall, Tall!" It made me appreciate nursery and Primary. It also made me miss being in there every Sunday playing the piano. It made me miss Laurie. She really is great! She makes a bad day look sunny. She has such a great sense of humor! I loved working with her in Young Women's, and you could tell how much the girls loved her, and respected her.


She is great at teaching the children those Primary songs. It isn't easy, but she makes it seem so. The kids absolutely love her - and I think that must be 75% of the battle for a teacher. Once the kids love you, you can accomplish just about anything! I know sometimes she wonders if she is doing a great job, or if the children are really benefitting from her attempts. Believe me, they are. I wouldn't want anyone else teaching my own children to sing!


I'm hoping that with her great sense of humor, she will truly appreciate me posting this picture, the epitome of her great efforts in Primary! So here is my shout out to Laurie:


YOU'RE PRETTY MUCH THE MOST AWESOME PERSON...EVER!!




1 comment:

McKendricks said...

Erin, You made tears come to my eyes! You also made my day! Those words of encouragement are always so good to hear. You are so fun to work with and soooo patient with me in Primary! I love ya, Erin!

My Boys

My Boys
I can't believe I got them standing together....and smiling!

Jack

Jack
We think he is soooo cute!