Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Update on my three sons.

While they have my son in the nursery for his pediatric checkup, I thought I would spend a few minutes blogging (even though I should be sleeping.)

First: I was truly relieved when they announced that Jackson was indeed a boy. My worst nightmare was that he would've been a girl.

Second: I love Brent. He is such a wonderful husband and father. He would never ever pass out over anything (except lack of oxygen, I suppose) especially anything like watching his wife get an epidural. I know that I can rely on him - I could never imagine Brent passing out. Or wimping out on anything (except maybe cleaning the bathroom.) He's like my personal security blanket or something (I am sure that Brent has always aspired to be a "blanket.") I don't know what I would do without him.

Third: It's crazy how this mothering thing kicks in. I didn't feel this way 24 hours ago! I miss my family and just want to be at home with them already. I even miss listening to the childrens music we play in the car!

Fourth: I was going to impress everyone with my immediate updates and changed background and header on this blog, but somehow it didn't happen. I think I got a little too ambitious. I guess I'll get around to it later. Maybe. This is my third child, after all. I expect big changes and a newfound inability to get anything done.

Fifth: I am completely in love with this new little guy in my life. I find it funny how I long for him to stay this tiny (well, not that tiny) little infant, who is so sweet and tender, and yet by the time he starts crawling around and falling down stairs, I will long for the day when he is five and can communicate effectively, and be fairly independent.

Now I'd like to talk about the other two loves in my life. Blake and Maxwell. My dad brought them up to the hospital yesterday afternoon, and they got to finally meet their new brother. Maxwell ran into the room, jumped up on the bed and wanted to hold him immediately! Blake sauntered in most casually, took a look and sat down. Maxwell sat next to me and held the baby, giving him kisses, touching his face and pointing out his rather obvious facial features. It was very cute.



He spent the rest of the time being very possessive. Whenever anyone else was holding Baby Jack, Maxwell insisted on holding him as well. Here he is honing in on our good friend Spencer:



It was very sweet of Maxwell. I have called Maxwell my baby for the past three years, and I am hoping he won't mind that he is no longer the baby. Blake hung out (they got to eat cookies and ice cream) and talked about his legos, and his Uncle Morgan (and his legos) and he got pretty bored. It took him awhile to warm up to Jackson, but he eventually, in his own quiet way, would stroke his cheek and adjust his little cap and pat his little chest. It was very cute. And sweet.


Well, all this talk of my family is making me miss them terribly, so I think I will finish with that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he's here! You're such a great mama.

My Boys

My Boys
I can't believe I got them standing together....and smiling!

Jack

Jack
We think he is soooo cute!